Friday, October 7, 2016

Children of the Dark: Good Title, Mediocre Book


Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz
Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz
Find it on Amazon

***CAUTION:  Mild spoilers, maybe?***


I liked the beginning enough to buy the book after reading the sample. And I enjoyed the middle. But the end kind of killed it for me. It dragged on and I found myself skipping large sections. Endless action, but action without a feeling of urgency. It almost read like one of those movie novelizations. If you like lots and lots of action, you will like this. Me, I get tired of oh, and here are some more of these and those and we must fight these off oh no here come some more...and there's this guy and grab that and kill that. I don't know if I'm keen to read any more of Janz's works.

No comments:

Post a Comment